Monday, February 7, 2011

refreshed, renewed and new meds!

I just got back from a fabulous weekend visiting a girlfriend from collge...who I havent seen in ages! Lets just say the Windy City is awesome! I also had the pleasure of meeting up with two lovely ladies from an IF foum I have lived on for almost a year, and holy cow...that was truly incredible! It was like we had known each other for years. I was so excited when I learned I would be within an hour from both of them that we could make this happen...meet up!

So after the exicting weekend I came home to a HUGE box. Yep, meds are in, its all becoming real. For some reason I still just have this laid back approach to this cycle. Not sure if I am truly relaxed and this is just the real me coming out, or if I am really not caring about this cycle. Weird.

I was thinking the other day that we live in an amazing world where medicine can help you have a baby. Well some of us. There are millions of people in the same boat as me...needing help, but many of us it doesnt work. Why is that? In a world where a man can go on the moon, scientists are making medicines that at one point would have been seen as impossible, and technology is beyond out wildest dreams... some of us cant do what is supposed to be inately human - breed. Maybe we are a dying species as far as breeding goes? what, ha ha, no...otherwise god wouldnt have made REs, Lupron and Follistim!

We are putting careers and other things ahead of family, but that shouldnt stop us from getting there eventually, right? Well either way, I think Halle Berry nailed it on the head in this quote:

“Nature has got it all wrong: When you are younger, it should be harder to get pregnant, and as you get older it should be easier. When you are so ready, you can’t do it to save your life. And when you are 21, you are so not ready, but you are ripe as could be. The eggs should become more developed the older you get, not die slowly from the day you’re born. That’s one thing God got wrong.”Halle Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment