Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 5 it is, why am I not more happy?

Finally they called!
Of course I was at some loud place with bounce houses (had to get out of the house, was going crazy!), so I called back to make sure I heard the message correctly, as I didnt hear the phone ring.

So 3 of the 5 divided! The other 2 are hanging out and she said they might be slow, but they should have divided by now. I asked what the 3 looked like. She said they arent picture perfect, they are fair. She said she thinks they were calling them grades 2 and 3 (but I cant remember what she said as far as how many of the 3 were which). So they will keep an eye on all 5, but that they are going for day 5!

HOLY CRAP! I am so nervous. I asked why if they arent picture perfect are we going for day 5, and she said its because of the blast.

I guess a 6 day blast carries way more weight than any embryo we are going to get in this batch...from our history. So they are going to assume the blast will do well and hope that we get some others out of this batch.

I am not sure how I feel about it all. I thought if I heard I was going for day 5 I would be bouncing off the walls celebrating, but its bitter sweet, as its not because the cycle is great that we are doing it that way. Oh well, I have to have faith that whatever is meant to come out of this, will. I know it will be fine.
I know this will be great, but now having those thoughts of failure entering my head. UGH!
Tuesday, cant come quickly enough! Oh, wait, now I have to go pick up frosty and take her to her new home, well temporary until the permanent homeof my Uterus!

“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.”  Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment