Wednesday, September 29, 2010

tryin to fix my cracked eggs

I wish there was a way to look inside all the follicles or eggs that are in my body and just select the ones that are good. Are there any good eggs? I feel like they are like the ones that get left at the grocery store, the batch in the box that are looking more speckled, a bit cracked and just not as 'good.'

But unlike our naked eye in the supermarket, science isnt that good. But it is still amazing, to request that eggs get stimulated to grow and to be as good as they can be, and that there are more than usual (stimulation in IVF or IUI) and then its really survival of the fittest once the eggs get introduced to the sperm in the petri dish (IVF).  I was unaware until I went to see my now RE that I had actually had one 'bad' FSH a couple of years ago. It was documented by my old clinic, although noone told me. So imagine my surprise when I went into see this new dr thinking that my lining was the issue and for some reason we couldnt make good embryos...only to find out it was probably because my FSH was high. WHAT? usually that means that someone is pre-menopausal right? well my ovaries still looked like they were working, consistently providing a couple of quiet follicles on each side on a regular mentrual cycle. So what the hell? He was still hanging his hat on it, so I guess we have to pay attention to it.

What is FSH ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Follicle-stimulating_hormone

Since going to my new clinic a year ago, my RE has had me taking three supplements...DHEA, Trental and Vitamin E. These are used together to hopefully increase eggs quality and quantity as well as the quality of my poor beaten lining.

here is some general info I found on DHEA - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/331.html

related to infertility - http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100701145535.htm

Who knows if this is actually doing something, but I am hopeful that trying something different will ultimately help us achieve what it is that we seek. As he said its 'out of the box' but then again so am I...nothing is as its supposed to be on this journey! We are just trying to move forward on this jouney, being proactive and taking responsibility for our actions.


“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”  Bob Moawad

No comments:

Post a Comment